I. General Description
Metallicus, Inc. (dba “Metal”) in conjunction with TrustToken, the sponsors ("Sponsors"), will award one grand scholarship prize of 1,000 TrueUSD, to be used for educational purposes, to one selected Metal Pay follower for their winning selfie video entry. Such winner may have their video featured on the Metal Pay website and potentially on other social media.
II. Procedures and Rules
• How to Enter: Entrants should send one selfie video by retweeting and replying with their answer in the video to the question: “Why do you deserve the scholarship money?” to the original @metalpaysme Twitter thread. Entrants should include their student email address (.edu) in the Tweet.
• Only one entry per individual. An Entrant must not create multiple accounts to enter the contest. Entrants are prohibited from posting duplicate, or near duplicate videos, or links. Multiple or duplicate entries from any person will be void.
• We encourage the use of topics relevant to the contest including, but not limited to the following (e.g., #metalpay #metalpaysme)
• Entrants agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Compliance with such laws and regulations is your responsibility; please consult with an attorney if you have questions about legal compliance.
• Entrants must comply with all Twitter rules and policies found at:
• All submissions shall become the sole property of the Sponsors and may be used in any manner in all media. Please keep a copy of your submission. Sponsors reserve the right to edit and/or alter any submission.
• Eligibility of individual entries will be at the sole discretion of Sponsors, for any reason or for no reason, though specific reasons for disqualification may include use of inappropriate language or visuals. Sponsors are not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
• All submissions are subject to the terms of these rules and the Twitter rules and policies and all Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and Sponsors’ decisions. Sponsors reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
• Contest is open to students over 18 years of age (or age of majority in their state, whichever is greater). Void where prohibited by law.
• Employees of Metal or TrustToken, and anyone involved in the production, or administration of the contest, as well as immediate family / same household members of anyone so employed or engaged are not eligible to enter or win.
• Contest is open only those Metal Pay users who are legal residents of the following states and territories where Metal Pay is available and where TUSD is allowed:
• New Hampshire
• New Jersey
• North Dakota
• Rhode Island
• South Carolina
• South Dakota
• Washington DC
• West Virginia
• Puerto Rico
• US Virgin Islands
• Sponsors reserve the right to at any time implement new eligibility criteria and/or modify existing eligibility criteria, including, without limitation, geographical and age restrictions.
• By submitting any video to Sponsors, you hereby grant to Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted video in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for any purpose. By submitting any video to Sponsors, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted video does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Sponsors herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
• In addition, Entrant with winning video must sign a release and indemnity in the form presented by Sponsors. All persons appearing in the video must sign consent forms and/or releases (which shall, among other things, grant to Sponsors the right to use such person’s name, voice and likeness) before the submission can be eligible for the grand prize award. Failure to provide requested releases and/or consents will result in disqualification of Entrant. These release and/or consent forms will be provided by the Sponsors.
• Each submission must be solely the original work of entrant. By submitting a video, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless the Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission or exploitation of the entry, participation in this contest, feature on the Metal Pay Application or affiliated websites and other media, and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
• Each entrant agrees that his/her participation and submission shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware applicable to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. Each entrant irrevocably consents and agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of San Francisco in the State of California.
• No purchase necessary to enter.
IV. Judging Criteria
• Videos will be judged on the basis of originality and merit.
• Sponsors will select a winner from submitted video entries, and judgement will be solely in the Sponsors’ discretion. Sponsors’ decisions regarding all contest matters are final and not able to be appealed.
• One grand prize winner will be awarded one 1,000 TrueUSD grand prize, along with a chance of seeing their video featured on the Metal website and potentially other media, including Twitter.
• Prize will be awarded to the person(s) submitting the video, provided they certify and establish to Sponsors’ satisfaction that they are the owner(s) of the video, and further that they have complied with the official rules and sign all necessary forms as determined by Sponsors. Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
• The winner shall provide additional verification of identification to Metal and to TrustToken separately in order to receive winnings.
• For more information, write us at [email protected]
Metallicus, Inc., a Delaware Corporation 660 Fourth Street, 107, San Francisco CALIFORNIA 94107
TrustToken, Inc., a Delaware Corporation 248 Cumberland Street San Francisco CALIFORNIA 94114
Subscribe to Metal
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox